“This will be our reply to violence: To make music more beautifully, more intensely, more devotedly than ever before.” —Leonard Bernstein
We take joy in celebrating gifts of music, drama, and art which enrich our quality of life and reflect the grace and wonder of God’s creation. It has become a tradition to hold a youth recital on a Sunday morning each spring, and we also hold occasional art fairs that display artwork created by Holy Trinity members. The Holy Trinity Theatre Circle puts on an occasional production, and we host musicians outside after worship several Sundays throughout the summer in our Music in the Garden series.
Holy Trinity also serves as host to artists from outside our church membership from time to time. Recent visiting artists include:
- The Legacy Ensemble (April 2013)
- Lyra, a Russian choral ensemble (May 2011)
- Ann Butwell, batik textile artist (April-May 2010)
- Toto Sugiarto, Indonesian-born visual artist (February-March 2010)
- Cygnus Storytelling (January 2010)
- The Valley Children’s Choir of Valley City, North Dakota (November 2009)
- Cantabile of Angelica Cantanti Youth Choirs in Bloomington, Minnesota (November 2009)
Mosaic Project for the Rain Garden
Helen Norheim leads a group every Tuesday morning in putting together mosaic panels to be installed on the Rain Garden stage risers. This is the second mosaic project by members and friends of Holy Trinity; the first project, led by Sharon Englund, was installed in the rain garden cascade. Read more about the mosaic project here.