Seeking a part-time Financial Administrator
Holy Trinity Lutheran Church is seeking a part-time Financial Administrator
Reports to: Lead Pastor
Status: Part-time (4-7 hours/week)
The Holy Trinity Lutheran Church Community:
Holy Trinity Lutheran Church is a healthy, vibrant, financially stable, urban faith community. The congregation’s life is nurtured through participatory worship, prophetic preaching, and varied educational opportunities. In turn, these provide motivation and energy for neighborhood and global involvement through which God’s grace is proclaimed, God’s forgiveness is extended, and God’s justice is sought. We seek a Financial Administrator to work collaboratively with our lead pastor, associate pastor, staff, and lay leadership.
The Financial Administrator will provide financial management in order to support the ministry and work of the congregation.
- Prepare accounts payable.
- Manage employee payroll/benefits and employment forms.
- Oversee bank deposits and reconcile bank statements.
- Record and process receipts, in partnership with the Communications and Congregational Coordinator.
- Complete tax forms.
- Coordinate annual financial review.
- Track church investments (e.g., endowment, designated and undesignated funds), in cooperation with the Financial Stewardship Committee and Church Council, and provide quarterly reports on earnings.
- Develop and maintain cash flow document.
- Produce monthly financial reports for Financial Stewardship Committee and Church Council.
- Provide necessary information to Financial Stewardship Committee, Church Council Treasurer, and Lead Pastor, and attend meetings, when necessary.
- Provide quarterly financial reports to committee and working group chairs.
- Provide information for annual reports for the congregational meeting and the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Participate in occasional staff meetings, as invited.
- Engage in activities to build intercultural competency.
- Experience in accounting and business management.
- Familiarity with non-profit accounting a plus.
- Software skills (e.g., Excel, database management).
- Able to answer phone calls, use computer.
- Collaborative Orientation: Shows interest, comfort, and skill in working in a team environment; willing to offer support to staff, members, and visitors; shares credit for success with others, takes responsibility for their part in team failures.
- Interpersonal and Communication Skill: Able to establish and maintain positive working relationships; is approachable; uses diplomacy and tact; is able to speak a message clearly and appropriately; is able to write clearly and succinctly.
- Time Management: Meets deadlines, especially in preparing checks and financial reports; values time and respects the time of others; can appropriately balance priorities.
- Attention to Detail: Consistently attends to the many small pieces of financial administration; keeps the larger picture in mind while tending to the smallest details.
Salary and Benefits:
This is a part-time position offering a salary of $30-50/hour DOE. Holy Trinity Lutheran Church actively seeks a diverse pool of candidates. People of color and LGBTQIA people are encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to Pastor Ingrid Rasmussen (firstname.lastname@example.org). Position is open until filled.